There’s more than one way to immigrate to Canada. Specifically, do you want to go to school and train for a career to work? Do you have family in Canada? You need to find the immigration path that’s best for you, and here at Cambria College, we want to help.

Here’s an out­line of Canada’s Immi­gra­tion Pro­grams:

  1. If you are a skilled worker or professional consider applying to immigrate as a Federal Skilled Worker or Provincial Nominee
  2. If you are a skilled tradesperson consider applying to immigrate as a Federal Skilled Tradesperson
  3. If you are a person with a confirmed job offer consider applying as a Temporary Foreign Worker.
  4. If you are an experienced entrepreneur or investor consider applying for a Start-up Visa
  5. If you are a person with work/study experience consider applying as a Canadian Experience Class Candidate
  6. If you are a student consider applying for a Study Permit
  7. Are you self-employed? Consider applying as a Self Employed Person
  8. If you have a relative living in Canada try applying to be a Sponsored Family Member.
  9. If you are a refugee seeking protection apply for Refugee Status.

*Each of these programs has strict requirements and its own application process. Click the links above to learn more about what’s involved.*

While many people are able to apply on their own, some find it easier to get help from a qual­i­fied immi­gra­tion con­sul­tant or lawyer. At Cambria College, we’re happy to refer you to one of our most trusted consultants. Contact us if you need help. 

Do you want to extend your current work or study permit? Learn how to stay in Canada after you graduate

Canada pro­vides free pub­lic edu­ca­tion to all Canadian cit­i­zens and per­ma­nent res­i­dents from kinder­garten until they com­plete sec­ondary school (typ­i­cally at age 18).

If you have a valid Canadian work per­mit, Canadian Immigration should issue your chil­dren a per­mit that will allow them to reg­is­ter in pub­lic school for free.

If you arrive in Canada with­out a per­ma­nent res­i­dent card or a work per­mit, you will have to apply for a study per­mit for your chil­dren, who would be clas­si­fied as “inter­na­tional stu­dents.” Your child could attend pub­lic school, but you’d have to pay tuition -- and that tuition could be nearly as much as you’d pay at a pri­vate school (ie: very expensive). 

Immigrating is a challenging process and we know there is a lot to learn. If you want to study with us at Cambria College and have questions about immigrating to Canada we are more than happy to help! Please feel free to contact us to learn more: email or call 1-778-265-7547 (Monday to Friday).